Whip up a scrumptious batch of American Pancakes... perfect for a filling breakfast or as an afternoon dessert!
Photo: Barry Taylor
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 150ml Milk
- 2 Knobs of Butter (melted)
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Banana
- 1 Handful of Mixed Berries
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- Whisk the eggs and milk together until foamy, then add a knob of melted butter.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour in the egg mixture and whisk furiously until lump-free.
- Mash the banana and add to the mixture.
- Chuck a knob of butter in a hot pan until it bubbles. Ladle the mixture into the pan to form a pancake shape.
- Sprinkle a few berries on top of each pancake quickly before it cooks.
- Flip over when the pancake begins to bubble and is golden brown underneath.
- Cook until it has risen and is golden.
- Serve stacked, with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Recipe: Sorted Food
If you need student storage visit Door2Door Student Storage!