This delicious and easy meal can be prepared in the morning and enjoy in the afternoon with everyone in your student house!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Soft Brown Sugar
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 75g Mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- Small Handful Coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra for serving
- 600g Beef Brisket, trimmed of excess fat and cut into matchbox-size strips
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Fresh Chillies, finely sliced (alter according to tolerance)
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Splash Worcester sauce
- 90ml/3fl oz Red Wine
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Purée
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 400g Can Plum Tomatoes
- Wholegrain Rice, to serve
- Lime Wedges
- Place the onion, brown sugar, peppers, mushrooms and coriander stalks into the slow cooker.
- Next heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, season the beef according to taste and fry until golden-brown, transferring to the slow cooker when ready. Reserving the juices.
- Add the garlic, chillies and smoked paprika to the pan of juices and fry for one minute. Stir in the Worcester sauce, red wine, tomato purée, beef stock and plum tomatoes, then bring to a boil. Gently break down the plum tomatoes with a wooden spoon. This gives the chilli a rustic feel to the dish.
- Pour the mixture over the meat, then cover with a lid and cook on low for nine hours. Cook for a further hour until the meat is really tender.
- Serve with wholegrain rice, a sprinkling of coriander leaves on top and wedges of lime.
Recipe: Kate Hardie
If you need student storage visit Door2Door Student Storage!