Steak and Sweet Potato Chips:
Sirloin steak with chunky chips makes a great Friday night supper or for a romantic evening dinner!
Serves:2| Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 35Minutes
- 350g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick chips
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks
- 50g bag mixed spinach, watercress & rocket salad
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ⅓ cucumber, sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- ½ x 400g can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Half-fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the sweet potatoes and cook for 4 mins, then drain through a colander and return to the saucepan. Pour over 2 tsp of the oil and season with a little black pepper. Toss until the potatoes are lightly coated with the oil.
- Tip the potatoes onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 mins, then turn with a spatula and cook for a further 10 mins or until crisp and golden.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the steak. Trim off any hard fat from the beef, then rub all over with the remaining oil. Season with 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper. Put a large non-stick frying pan or griddle over a medium-high heat and, when hot, add the steaks and cook for about 2 mins each side or until done to your liking.
- Mix the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and beans in a bowl. Whisk the vinegar, oil and garlic together. Divide the steak, chips and salad between two plates and pour over the dressing just before serving.