American Style Pancakes
The fluffiest American pancakes around! Easy to make and taste delicious!
Makes:6| Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 75g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 112ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons of butter, melted
- butter or oil for frying
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk, then add the egg and melted butter. Beat well till the pancake batter is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or vegetable oil. To test to see if the pan is hot enough, flick a bit of water on the pan. If it sizzles, it is ready. Ladle the pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook each pancake till bubbles appear on the surface and the edges have gone slightly dry. Flip each pancake and cook for a minute or two on the reverse side, till golden brown.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings, such as maple syrup and fresh berries. Enjoy!
Tip: If you want to feel like you're having true American pancakes serve with bacon!